“I am struck by the fact that the more slowly trees grow at first, the sounder they are at the core, and I think that the same is true of human beings.”
~Henry David Thoreau~
Morning Glories Parent-Child classes are for parents or caregivers and the children they love from ages 12 to 36 months. The program provides a gentle step for children in the Newtown, Bethel, Danbury and surrounding areas to transition between home and school life. The Morning Glories classroom provides a safe, nurturing environment featuring natural play materials, a consistent routine, and seasonal rhythm. While the children play, the parents work with their hands creating seasonal crafts and playthings. Parents and caregivers learn more about parenting and Waldorf education. Both adults and children have the opportunity to make new connections with other families. A healthy snack is provided.
We are now Accepting Registrations for 2019-20. We offer three sessions: fall, winter, and spring. Each 10-week session is $335.00. Each class meets one morning per week: Thursdays, 9-11 am or Fridays 9:30-11:30 am. Younger siblings are welcome.
Fall: Sept. 12 – Nov. 15
Winter: Dec 5. – Feb. 21
Spring: Mar. 19 – Jun. 5
Register for a session here.
Ages: 12-36 Months
Activities: The morning will include plenty of time for imaginary play both indoors and out, bread baking, and a circle time with seasonal songs, nursery rhymes, finger plays and a puppet show. Adults will enjoy a simple craft or handwork activity as well as discussion time.
Parents come to Morning Glories to:
- Meet other parents and find a community of sharing and support.
- Explore the value of observation to witness and understand how their children are learning as they play.
- Learn songs and simple finger and toe games to share with their children at home to support speech and language development.
Children come to Morning Glories to:
- Explore a safe and emotionally nurturing environment using simple, natural play materials.
- Experience social interaction through play that stimulates speech and language development.
- Explore new social capacities with other children in the same stage of development.
Fall Session (FULL)
September 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
October 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31
November 1, 7, 8, 14, 15
December 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20
January 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
February 6, 7, 13, 14, 27, 28
No classes December 26, 27; January 2, 3; February 20, 21
Snow dates (if needed) March 5, 6
March 19, 20, 26, 27
April 2, 3, 23, 24, 30
May 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
June 4, 5
No class April 16, 17