“I am struck by the fact that the more slowly trees grow at first, the sounder they are at the core, and I think that the same is true of human beings.”
~Henry David Thoreau~
Morning Glories Parent-Child classes are for parents or caregivers and the children they love from ages 12 to 36 months. The program provides a gentle step for children in the Newtown, Bethel, Danbury and surrounding areas to transition between home and school life. The Morning Glories classroom provides a safe, nurturing environment featuring natural play materials, a consistent routine, and seasonal rhythm. While the children play, the parents work with their hands creating seasonal crafts and playthings. Parents and caregivers learn more about parenting and Waldorf education. Both adults and children have the opportunity to make new connections with other families. A healthy snack is provided.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we have made the decision to suspend Morning Glories classes this fall. We hope to resume classes later in the school year.
Please e-mail for more information on future Morning Glories sessions!
Ages: 12-36 Months
Activities: The morning will include plenty of time for imaginary play both indoors and out, bread baking, and a circle time with seasonal songs, nursery rhymes, finger plays and a puppet show. Adults will enjoy a simple craft or handwork activity as well as discussion time.
Parents come to Morning Glories to:
- Meet other parents and find a community of sharing and support.
- Explore the value of observation to witness and understand how their children are learning as they play.
- Learn songs and simple finger and toe games to share with their children at home to support speech and language development.
Children come to Morning Glories to:
- Explore a safe and emotionally nurturing environment using simple, natural play materials.
- Experience social interaction through play that stimulates speech and language development.
- Explore new social capacities with other children in the same stage of development.