Waldorf schools operate with a governance structure of shared leadership. HVWS is governed by a Board of Trustees and a College of Teachers, and is supported by an Administrative team. The Board of Trustees is responsible for financial, legal, and property matters. Decisions about teaching matters belong to the College of Teachers, drawn from faculty leadership.
The Administration oversees the daily operations of the school. The Leadership Council, comprised of representatives from the Board, College, and Administration, serves as a point of contact for parents with questions or concerns.
Trustees Mission Statement The Board of Trustees of the Housatonic Valley Waldorf School is responsible for the financial stability, physical well-being and legal interests of the school. We serve and support the community in the achievement of the school’s mission.
2020-21 Trustees Current
- Charlotte Bergmans, Interim Co-President, HVWS Alumni Parent
- Sunshine Lucas, Interim Co-President, HVWS Parent
- Nathalie Bennett, Vice President, HVWS Alumni Parent
- Daniela Squizzato, Secretary, HVWS Parent
- Naveen Terway, Treasurer, HVWS Parent
- Natasha Daniels-Pearson, HVWS Parent
- Isabel Gandara and Carrie Reilly, shared seat, HVWS Teachers and Alumni Parents
- Marcela Perez, HVWS Teacher and Alumni Parent
- Laura Stotz, Former HVWS Parent
- Lisa Tassone, HVWS Parent