Location: South Campus, 1 Jacklin Rd., Newtown
Group 2 is designed for children more capable of challenging themselves physically and socially. Our goal is to provide them with opportunities that meet them developmentally in a safe, natural environment. Our themes will highlight Circus Arts, Archery, Games and other exciting activities. We provide an organic, allergen-free, non-GMO snack and campers bring their own lunch daily. There's still time to register for...
Tuition: $310/week; $335 after May 1
(Basics) Learn the fundamentals of archery including safety and proper shooting techniques. Investigate how our Native American settlers used these skills for survival and how they used resources gathered from the land.
(Advanced) Now that the fundamentals of Archery have been established, hone your skills even more. This course will expand your abilities by strengthening techniques, form, and accuracy.
Each week of Art camp will be an exploratory adventure into different materials and techniques used by artists old and new! A thematic subject will guide individual and age appropriate instruction that will excite and engage students, whether they consider themselves expert artists or beginners. The week will progress as follows:
Week 6, Aug 1-5
- Monday will be devoted to drawing based on the weekly theme with a wide variety of drawing materials.
- Tuesday will be a 3-d sculpture day, using clay, as well as other more non-traditional materials to introduce new methods of construction.
- Wednesday will involve bringing our subjects "to life" with puppetry, mask making and costuming.
- Thursday will be devoted to methods of painting and printmaking.
- On Friday we will wrap up the week with opportunities to polish unfinished projects and to do "free art" based on each student's interests with the guided support of the teacher.
Prerequisite: Basic Archery at HVWS
Land/ Nature Art; Using Mother Nature's raw materials to create outdoor sculptures and drawings
Week 7, Aug 8-12
"DO play with your food" Edible Art