The Morning Glories Parent & Child class is a program for parents or caregivers and the children they love. The program provides a gentle step for children to transition between home and school life.
The Morning Glories classroom provides a safe, nurturing environment allowing young children to explore the world around them. Parents and caregivers learn more about parenting and Waldorf education. Both adults and children have the opportunity to make new connections with other families. Our morning includes a homemade organic snack.
Parents come to Morning Glories to:
- Meet other parents and find a community of sharing and support.
- Explore the value of observation to witness and understand how their children are learning as they play.
- Learn songs and simple finger and toe games to share with their children at home to support speech and language development.
Children come to Morning Glories to:
- Explore a safe and emotionally nurturing environment using simple, natural play materials.
- Experience social interaction through play that stimulates speech and language development.
- Explore new social capacities with other children in the same stage of development.
Creepers, Crawlers and Early Walkers
Tuesdays; For ages 9 to 18 months
Parents discover how to observe, understand, respect, and enjoy the individuality of each baby. Classes include songs, finger games, lap puppet plays, developmental observation, and discussion time with other parents.
Terrific Two’s and Three’s
Wednesdays and Thursdays; For ages 19 months to 3 years
Toddlers have plenty of time for imaginary play, a circle time with seasonal songs, nursery rhymes, finger plays, bread baking and a puppet show. Adults will enjoy a simple craft or handwork activity as well as discussion time.
2016 Summer Mini Session, 10 AM-12 PM
- July 5-28 (4 weeks, $150)
Morning Glories has been so much fun that we are offering a short summer session for the month of July. If you have an older child – consider putting them in our summer camp
for the day!
2016-2017, 9:30-11:30 AM
- Fall--September 13, 2016 to December 1, 2017 (10 weeks, $335.00)
- Winter--December 6, 2017 to March 16, 2017 (12 weeks, $400.00)
- Spring--March 21, 2017 to June 8, 2017 (10 weeks, $400.00)
Registration fee will be prorated if you join a session already in progress. Younger siblings are welcome.