Parents, faculty, staff, board members, and friends of the school all serve on the committees listed below:
- The Capital Asset Strategy Team (CAST) supports the short-term and long-term development of our infrastructure, including all physical properties of HVWS.
- The Development Committee forges partnerships and pursues creative ways to support HVWS’s sustainability and growth.
- The Diversity Committee honors and explores diversity, such as age, ancestry, ability, race, religion, gender, gender-identification, marital status, family composition, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status as an essential part of a strong school community.
- The Finance Committee sets financial policies, ensures that those policies are carried out, and provides the information required for sound financial decision-making.
- Fundraising Event Committees support the coordination of our annual fundraising events—such as the Fall Fair and Spring Benefit—to build community and financial support for the school.
- The Family-School Partnership is comprised of every community member who supports HVWS. The Partnership provides an opportunity for parents to communicate with each other and to bring a unique and coordinated effort to the vision of the school. Monthly meetings are open to all parents.
- The Parent Ambassadors support outreach initiatives and work to improve how we talk about this life-changing education.
- The Puppetry Committee brings the art of Waldorf-style puppetry to the Newtown community through study of fairy tales, creation of marionettes, and performances
- The Rainbow Garden School Store is an enterprise run by volunteer HVWS parents to meet the demand for high-quality Waldorf toys, books and educational materials. 100% of the profits are given to the school.