Being a part of a committee is a way for you to contribute meaningfully to the work of the school. Match your skills to the committee, but also keep in mind that your skills may be developed by serving on the committee.
- Attempt to attend every meeting.
- Show up more than just physically; listen well.
- Stay within the mandate of the group.
- Keep confidentiality.
- Think, “How can I improve this committee?”
- Support the committee chair.
- Be willing to take on work for the committee, in addition to attending the meetings & take care of your action points promptly.
- Know when you’re spreading yourself too thin!
The following committees are looking for new volunteers:
The Capital Asset Strategy Team (CAST)
—CAST supports the short-term and long-term development of our infrastructure, including all physical properties of HVWS. Please contact Jeff James
Spring Benefit Committee
—The Spring Benefit, the most important fundraising event of the year, is a team effort and many levels of participation are needed and appreciated! Please contact Marisa DelMonaco
to see you you can help.
The Parent Enrichment Committee
—Young in its development, the Parent Enrichment Committee brings evening speakers to the HVWS community. The Parent Enrichment Committee seeks to foster an understanding of the roots of Waldorf education among the HVWS parent body. The committee hopes to support and to communicate closely with the PTA to create forums, panels, dialogue, discussions, Coffee Klatches, lectures, presentations, study groups, resources of books and articles, artistic events, and speaking engagements. If you have an interest in developing an understanding of Waldorf education, please contact Amalia Pretel-Gray
for further information on the Parent Enrichment Committee.